Re: [nmh-workers] How big a message should I accept?

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] How big a message should I accept?
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 20:15:21 -0400

Ralph wrote:

> Hi Norm,
>
> > Is there some de facto or de jure upper limit to the size of an Email?
>
> Methods of limiting include fetchmail(1)'s `-l' option that leaves the
> email on the remote POP3 or IMAP server and just states its too-large
> size instead, and postfix's `message_size_limit', see postconf(5), that
> defaults to 10,240,000 bytes.

I'm not sure if Norm is talking about sent or received (or both) messages.

It looks like rawbw.com has a limit of nearly 40 MB on sent messages,
according to its SMTP dialog:
    250-SIZE 40000000

Norm, you should see something like that if you add -snoop to your send
command.

Gmail has a limit of nearly 35 MB:
    250-SIZE 35882577