Re: [nmh-workers] mts.conf relative sendmail option

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] mts.conf relative sendmail option
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 19:43:22 -0400

Ken wrote:

> So, solutions.  You can (a) change post.c to use execvp() instead of
> execv(), (b) continue using your wrapper script, or (c) switch to
> submitting your mail via SMTP (either direct SMTP to a mail server
> or via sendmail using "sendmail/smtp").

I wonder if the -sendmail switch added to send/post in 1.7 could
be used, as well.  whom doesn't seem to expand `type -p sendmail`,
so perhaps not if the sendmail path to isn't known.

And I must note that I don't understand why changing the execv()
works.  Cyber uses:

  sendmail: sendmail

which is sendmail/smtp.  But the execv() is only used with
sendmail/pipe.  Cyber, can you show us your post.c diff?