Re: [nmh-workers] Unnecessary dependency on vi???

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Unnecessary dependency on vi???
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:29:34 -0400

ralph wrote:
 > An aside: Does any package other than vim provide /usr/bin/vi?  I think
 > the command might be `dnf provides /usr/bin/vi'.  I expect it's a bunch
 > of different sized vim-based packages.

vile is another vi alternative, on all linux distributions, and at least
some of the XXXXbsd distros.

i'd bet nvi is also available everywhere, though i haven't checked that,
since i don't use it.

ubuntu provides elvis, but i think it's more of a toy at this point.

paul
paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 39.2 degrees)