[Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg(1) Shrinking Images.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg(1) Shrinking Images.
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 13:59:45 +0100

Hi,

Corporations are increasing slapping needless, bloated, branding images
onto their emails, ones I want to keep.  I've a crude `shrinkimg' script
that replaces the image's data with a tiny one whilst keeping the type,
e.g. PNG, so any internal references to it are still valid.  I was
thinking mhfixmsg might be the thing to offer a proper version of this.

On being asked to shrink a part or type, it could switcheroo with a
standard nmh file that had the MIME type/subtype in its path.  These
could first be searched for in ~/mail so the user can override.  If
there's no file, it can't be switched and that's an error.

Specifying what to replace could look like `-part 2.1', `-type image'
for all `image/*' where the existing subtype is used, `-type image/png'
to narrow it down, or `-type foo/bar' for one only this user cares about
as long as he provides the mhfixmsg-shrink/foo/bar file.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy