Re: [Nmh-workers] Volunteer Capacity.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Volunteer Capacity.
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 11:51:51 -0400

>It's bad because nmh's source needs a lot of clean up, at small and
>large scale, due to decades of changing expectations, conventions, and
>bit rot.  And tests to help spot regressions in doing that.

Ralph has hit the nail on the head.  It seems a large part of nmh development
is cleaning up old crap from 30 years ago.  At least, larger than I would
like.  Also, bringing nmh forward really means retooling a bunch of internal
stuff.  I've done that for some things, but it's a big job and we still have
more to do.

Now, perhaps people would argue that nmh doesn't need to be brought forward
that much; I would respectfully disagree, but there are some small things
people ask for all of the time that really need larger changes to happen.
I wish I had more time to work on those things.