[Nmh-workers] %(timenow) -- does it have a purpose?

From: Bob Carragher
Subject: [Nmh-workers] %(timenow) -- does it have a purpose?
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 20:10:09 -0700

Does %(timenow) have a purpose?

I was trying to create a form file for repl(1) that automatically
inserts the current date, and the only function I could find for
that purpose was %(timenow).  Unfortunately, it returns an
integer ("seconds since the UNIX epoch," according to the
mh-format(5) man page), which isn't the type of argument the
date-related functions (e.g. %(month{}) expect.

Separately, does anyone have a suggestion for generating the
current date in a reply?

Thanks!

                                Bob