Re: [Nmh-workers] Spaces before Tabs.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Spaces before Tabs.
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:37:23 -0400

>Also, I assume we're happy with sticking with whatever mixture of tabs
>then spaces a line has?  It's about 50/50 at the moment between just
>spaces for indentation, and tabs with spaces after.

I'm an outlier, in that I still prefer using hard-tabs that are displayed
to 8-space tabs stops.  I've read the arguments against that and I cannot
disagree with them, but my preference still for the "old way" (although,
maybe that's not really the old way).  I cannot offer any justification
for that other than an irrational resistance to changing things.

However, if we want to officially go forward and say "no ^I at all in
the source code", then I'm fine with that.  If we want to put the magic
at the beginning of source code to make that automatic for popular
editors, even better.