Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to mhmail.man

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to mhmail.man
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 13:54:41 +0100

Hi,

Lyndon wrote:
> > Larry Hynes <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Do I care if the date on the man page changes, so long as this gets
> > corrected? No.
>
> That's fine.  Those of us lamenting the loss of consistent, concise,
> and relevant manpages do.

Hear, hear.  I've now committed all of Larry's patch emails to git bar
one;  it was adding a trivial example to the start of mh-alias(5).  I've
then gone back through the git history of every man page looking for the
recent commit that was a significant change and altered `.TH's date to
that.  This removes probably all of Larry's date changes, but isn't as
simple as restoring the date before his because I thought they were
wrong in a few cases.

The date has also changed from reverse-podium /^mmm dd?, yyyy$/ to
yyyy-mm-dd format as man(7) here refers to man-pages(7) for .TH and that
dictactes the sane modern format.

mh-chart.man hasn't been touched.  I think it's built, but not
automatically?

The man pages still need much work, but now the backlog from Larry is
processed, incremental changes can occur without causing merge problems.
I still need to add more conventions to docs/README.manpages.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy