Re: [Nmh-workers] Update .SH NAME for fmttest.man

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Update .SH NAME for fmttest.man
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 14:41:08 +0000

Hi Larry,

> > That looks wrong, not due to your change.  The line after .SH should
> > be a single physical line with a `\-'.
>
> I had spotted that, but being rather monofocal I pressed on with the
> job at hand.

That's fine.  I was more pointing it out to the list as a thing to
fix/not repeat.

> I wonder if, in situations like this, you could accompany your
> suggestions with a diff, or does something prevent you from doing
> that? It might be more efficient, no?

Well, I could just commit the fix to git, but the same thing stands in
the way of both at the moment;  lack of time.  And I didn't want to
change the man pages in git in case it causes problems for David or Ken
when they're trying to patch it with your emails.

As for few or many emails.  Those many one-line ones have been the
exception.  Apart from those, I think one email per man page is good as
it means I can read them one by one over time rather than never having
the time to start a single large review.  Any resulting thread is then
targeted too.

But I'm not the one applying them.  (Though it should be fairly
mechanical given such a handy command-line MUA.  :-)

BTW, to remove some of the noise of re-formatting in the diffs, I'm
doing the ad hoc

    mhshow | sed -n '/^diff/,$p' |
    dwdiff --diff-input -Pc | less -R

which others might find handy.