Re: [Nmh-workers] Sequences in scan

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Sequences in scan
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 15:47:04 +0000

Hi Johan,

> Is there anyway to check if a message is in a specific sequence for
> the scan output. I can check `unseen` and `cur`, would be nice if I
> could do something like this in my scan format file:
>
>     %<(seq{my-seq}) ! %|   %>

No, that I know of.  I was thinking an environment variable could be set
to be " 42 314 " and the %(getenv) used with %(match) to check if
%(msg), wrapped with spaces,
was present, i.e. does " 42 314 " contain " 314 ", but that doesn't
work.

    FOO=".`mark -s foo -list | sed 's/^[^:]*: //; y/ /./'`." \
    fmttest -message -format \
        ',%(void (getenv FOO)),%(putlit),%(msg) %<(match .%(msg).)t%|f%>,' \

I found the trailing space was removed from the environment variable, so
switched to full stops above.

But %(match) is matching the literal text ".%(msg" so I can't get the
current message number.

My other idea was to have scan output a marker that's evaluated by
something wrapping its output.  So pick an unusual byte sequence that
has the width of your desired indicator for present in sequence, have
scan output that, then the name of the sequence you want to check using
%(zputlit) so scan doesn't take note of its width.  Spot these in scan's
output, evaluate, and replace with the indicator or space.  But I
haven't tried it, so there's bound to be problems, this being
mh-format(5).

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy