Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh should be more careful about when it unlinks draft

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh should be more careful about when it unlinks draft files
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2017 16:33:54 +0000

Hi Laura,

> Alas.  I was hoping that a smarter send could understand that the
> hassle involved in removing an unwanted draft is minor, and so
> cautiuously bump the draft number for subsequent messages so that
> there was no chance of reusing the draft number if it ever detected a
> problem

That's what happens AIUI.  42 remains 42 so new drafts will continue
with 43.  It's only renamed to ,42 upon success, and that's when it can
be trampled by later a ,42.

(Tangentially, I mentioned rmmproc isn't used for draft removal.  My
rmmproc renames 42 to .rmm/,42,`TZ=UTC date +%Y-%m-%d.%T.%N` to avoid
the default trampling.  This also avoids a large folder having even more
entries for readdir(3) to crawl through.)

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy