Re: [Nmh-workers] The -dist argument to post

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] The -dist argument to post
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 09:39:00 -0500

>Neither "man post" nor "../nmh/libexec/nmh/post -help" shows post's -dist
>argument.
>
>Am I confused?

You are NOT confused!  It's not mentioned anywhere :-)

Why is not mentioned?  Beacause it was never mentioned.  I don't know if
dist(1) dates from your era, Norm; if it does, then I'd ask you why it
was never mentioned.  If it dates from later ... well, we could always
ask around.

I suspect that the answer was that -dist was an internal interface, and
you were never expected to know about it.  But I think that since we're
now exploring the value of a postproc, if you want to WRITE a postproc
you need to know what those switches are.  So we should probably start
documenting all of that stuff.  I think we've started doing that, but
documenting everything with nmh has always been a challenge.