Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg issue with ill-formed mail.

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg issue with ill-formed mail.
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 09:47:05 -0500

Valdis wrote:

> This is probably going to be a *total* joy to debug.

I'm hoping that I fixed this on Oct 21.  Please tell me that
your code is from before then.  The weak link was in nmh's MIME
parser, and needed help from m_getfld() for the fix.

> I admit being totally unclear as to where the \0's are coming from,
> or what mhfixmsg should do when it sees one, or why  any software or person
> thinks that 7bit CTE is a sane way to send around utf-8 data.

I see a null in message every once in a while.  A closer look shows:
1) The null is only in quoted-printable encoded content.
2) It's always in a bulk message.
3) The message FROM: header is always capitalized.
4) The sender is a non-profit.
5) The mail was sent from a Blackbaud server.

I'll report it to them.