Re: [Nmh-workers] Hanging test test/install-mh/test-version-check

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Hanging test test/install-mh/test-version-check
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 16:19:37 -0400

Ken wrote:

> I noticed that test/install-mh/test-version-check is hanging for me
> on MacOS X.  Specifically, the "script" command on MacOS X seems to be
> the problem; for reasons I don't understand quite yet when "script" is
> run the input is set to /dev/null, and it turns out when THAT happens
> there is apparently a bug in that script

I assume that it's not failing on this:

    if script -S /bin/sh 'echo OK' /dev/null 2>&1 | egrep 'OK' >/dev/null;

because I don't think that MacOS X script supports -S.

Does removing the output redirection to /dev/null on lines61 help?  If
so, that's wierd but we could deal with it.

I assume that it hangs on the following  line?

    run_without_input 'if test -t 0  -a  -t 1  -a  -t 2; then echo tty; fi'

Maybe run that in the background, sleep for a second, then see if the process
is still running?  If so, kill it and test_skip?