Re: [Nmh-workers] Development Questions. check Programs. register.

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Development Questions. check Programs. register.
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 15:46:55 -0700 (PDT)

That's three of you.  Do none of you use the revision control's grep?  I
understand Lyndon's point about a local script that greps and filters,
and I often have ./g to do that, but with `git grep' I can search
through the working area's files under its control, so I don't see hits
in output files, the --cached staging area, or a particular revision.
Because MH and all its RCS ,v files are current there are many hits on
them, e.g. for strcpy.  Can't you all just have a checkout of the last
git with MH to look at for reference?  :-)

So make a ./gg that does the same thing as ./g, but for 'git grep'.