Re: [Nmh-workers] When a message goes only to me, as a cc

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] When a message goes only to me, as a cc
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 15:22:11 +0100

Hi Norm,

> I usually have a line, 'address@hidden', in my drafts. I do that instead
> of something like 'fcc: inbox', because I want to see what my Email
> looks like after it has gone through the net.

Me too.  I use `dcc: ralph'.

> But sometimes I forget to otherwise address the message.

I forget to write a subject.

> But then send will just go ahead and send the message, instead of
> balking, as it would if I used fcc instead of cc.
>
> Is there a workaround that problem?

Not that I know of.  post(8) could grow an option to check the stated
headers have a value.  Either just `{,Resent-}To' has to have an
address, or something that can catch an empty subject too.  That would
stop CC-only emails being sent, and those without non-whitespace
subjects, but a -no... option to send(1) at the whatnow prompt could
override on those odd occasions?

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy