Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:25:23 -0400

ken wrote:
 > >I think times when it would be useful to have the man pages rendered on
 > >the web include
 >
 > I think making this available on the web, in addition to the normal
 > man pages included with the distribution, would be great.  I'm just not
 > sure of the rendering method, and where to put it (I guess we could put
 > it in the nmh web pages that are stored on Savannah).

the cheapskate way out would be to simply provide a link to one or
more external sites, similar to the one ralph just referenced:
    https://manned.org/browse/debian-jessie/nmh/1.6-2

i have no idea if manned.org would have policy issues with that.

ubuntu and freebsd have the pages online too, but i don't find the
convenient view-by-package index that manned.org has.  maybe linking
to mh-chart would be the answer:

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=mh-chart&sektion=7&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+10.3-RELEASE+and+Ports
    http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/en/man7/mh-chart.7mh.html

obviously the link(s) on savannah would have to be updated
periodically.  (keeping a set of links to the last several mh releases
might be helpful as well.)

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 52.0 degrees)