Re: [Nmh-workers] Format function to create wrapped header lines?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Format function to create wrapped header lines?
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 21:18:38 -0400

>That was actually about lack of a References header, and I agree, that
>there should be one (and we have one now, so that's a non-issue).

You had asked if anyone actually uses the References header for threading,
and it turns out the answer here is "yes!".

>Some of the issue here, is that there's no concept of a "thread" in the
>e-mail standards, and everyone defines it slightly differently.

Yeah, I mean ... I think that came over from Usenet, right?  I remember
the trn mail reader had a nice ASCII display that showed the message tree.
I admit that for me, a message "thread" sounds kind of linear, where a
"tree" is probably closer to the reality.  I guess it's a set of messages
which are all replies to one another.