Re: [Nmh-workers] folder -nocreate +/this/does/not/exist

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] folder -nocreate +/this/does/not/exist
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 10:07:59 +0100

Hi David,

> >     $ mhparam folder
> >     -nocreate
> >     $ folder +/this/does/not/exist
> >     $ echo $?
> >     1
> >
> > I'd expect something on stderr.
>
> Well, the man page doesn't promise that

No, I quite agree.  Didn't meant to imply it did.

> I think the non-zero exit status is sufficient.  Esp. in scripts.

Well, folder(1) is kind of cd and mkdir in one.  With -nocreate, I'm
cd-ing to the folder, and cd complains when the directory's missing.  I
agree I should notice the lack of "/this/does/not/exist+ has no
messages.", but the Unix norm is silence if all's well so I've been
conditioned.  My following commands, in the wrong folder, can wreak
havoc.  :-)