[Nmh-workers] [Patch] Relative MH variable lossage

From: Richard M Kreuter
Subject: [Nmh-workers] [Patch] Relative MH variable lossage
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:58:47 -0500

Hello,

It seems that using a non-absolute MH variable doesn't work when an MH
program chdir's and exec's a child that needs to read the
profile. (Example below involving show and mhshow.)

By inspection, setting MH to the resolved, absolute pathname inside
context_read suffices to solve the problem I've encountered, but I don't
know the overall codebase well enough to understand if it goofs up
something elsewhere.

Thank you,
Richard

$ pwd
/home/me/test
$ cat mh-profile
Unseen-Sequence: unseen
$ export PATH=/usr/local/nmh/bin:$PATH MH=mh-profile; scan cur > /dev/null
$ echo $?
0
$ export PATH=/usr/local/nmh/bin:$PATH MH=mh-profile; show cur > /dev/null
mhshow: unable to read the `/home/me/test/Mail/inbox/mh-profile' profile
specified by your MH environment variable
$ echo $?
1