Re: [Nmh-workers] problem compiling nmh 1.6 on linux gentoo

From: Robert Elz
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] problem compiling nmh 1.6 on linux gentoo
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 00:06:32 +0700

    Date:        Sun, 29 Nov 2015 10:56:00 -0500
    From:        "John Covici" <address@hidden>

  | Well, that did not work, it kept regenerating the file all over again,

If that's happening, then something is broken on your system.  Is the
date set correctly?

  | I think my mistake was doing a make clean, but you still might
  | want to fix a bug.

OK, so make clean removes dtimep.c (since it can be regenerated from
dtimep.l) - your flex (or lex) generates code that is C99 (has //
comments - for no rational reason at all incidentally, that's insane)
and then nmh compiles with -ansi and no c99 options, so // comments
aren't C.

That combination would do it.

Submit a bug report to whoever supplies the lex (or flex) that your
system uses (wherever the system came from) and complain about the
generation of c99 in what should be a generic C source file.

kre