Re: [Nmh-workers] Making all Mail Appear to be from the Correct User

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Making all Mail Appear to be from the Correct User
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 18:40:27 -0400

>       Is there a variable I can change that will insure that
>repl and dist all get the proper user ID?

This is an easy one.  Check out mh-profile(5), specifically the entry
marked 'Local-Mailbox'.

Also, you might want to consider looking at the distributed components
file and adapting it, rather than hardcoding your From: address there;
it contains a number of improvements.  The relevant line from the
distribution components file is:

%<{from}%|%(void(localmbox))%>%(void(width))%(putaddr From: )

If this looks like line noise ... well, I can't take the blame for
that (although the components file is commented), but you can just copy
it verbatim.