Re: [Nmh-workers] mts.conf has me Baffled.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mts.conf has me Baffled.
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 23:20:54 -0400

>I would not recommend this since messages in the draft folder may not be
>ready for submission, hence the name "draft".

Hey, it was an untested proof-of-concept I wrote in a minute!  It hadn't
even gone through QC yet! :-)

>If nmh was to be friendly for queuing, when 'send' is invoked, it should
>place the message in another folder, like "outbox" and then invoke
>whatever submission process has been configured.
>
>This way, in-edit messages in the draft folder are not unintentionally
>sent out by the queue process.
>
>I guess you can roll your own capability like this by using a custom
>sendproc that refiles the message to outbox before invoking nmh's send
>(or is auto-sent via a custom outbox sending processing running in the
>background).

Right, I see where you're coming from.  Right now the division of labor
we have is that 'send' turns a "message draft" into something ready to
go out over the wire (mostly by running mhbuild). 'post' does the dirty
work.  It would only take adding a little bit of smarts to 'send' to
put those messages somewhere else (like in 'outqueue') and then you
could simply have send feed the list of queued messages to 'post' when
you reconnected.  But I don't know if it's worth it for me to do in the
short term.