Re: [Nmh-workers] mts.conf has me Baffled.

From: Earl Hood
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mts.conf has me Baffled.
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 21:48:42 -0500

On 7/27/2015 9:35 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

But ... it's clear to me that not all of those MUAs support queueing.

Thunderbird definitely does.  Do not know about the others.

Well, it's not clear if they all do.  It's hard to have a independent
queue in the MH command model, since MH/nmh aren't monolithic; how would
you do that?  But like I said, if you have a draft folder doing a queue
would actually be very simple.  Just create message drafts as usual and
use something like this to send them (untested):
...[snip]...

I would not recommend this since messages in the draft folder may not be
ready for submission, hence the name "draft".

If nmh was to be friendly for queuing, when 'send' is invoked, it should
place the message in another folder, like "outbox" and then invoke
whatever submission process has been configured.

This way, in-edit messages in the draft folder are not unintentionally
sent out by the queue process.

I guess you can roll your own capability like this by using a custom
sendproc that refiles the message to outbox before invoking nmh's send
(or is auto-sent via a custom outbox sending processing running in the
background).

--ewh