Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh with mobile devices [was: Re: replyfilter trouble

From: Kevin Cosgrove
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh with mobile devices [was: Re: replyfilter trouble with messages from "XFINITY Connect Mobile App"]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 08:32:12 -0700

Hi folks,

I thought I'd follow up on my look into using nmh via my Android phone.
I ended up installing Serverauditor
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.server.auditor.ssh.client&hl=en
That was easier to use than JuiceSSH, at least for me.

My LG G3 screen is big enough that I can read/write text.

I had to undo some VERY old .mh_profile configuration stuff,
which doesn't get in the way of sensible actions with exmh,
but did get in the way of sensible command line actions with
nmh.  Nmh defaults are better than what I had, which might have
dated back to MH-6.  Nmh in a Serverauditor, with xterm-256color
emulation, works as fine for me as text based option on a mobile
screen could.  I wouldn't want to process large amounts of email
this way.  But, it'd be fine for a vacation, when I shouldn't be
glued to email anyway.

Ciao 4 now...

--
Kevin