Re: [Nmh-workers] Multi-homed postproc, v2

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Multi-homed postproc, v2
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 20:37:32 -0400

>Using undocumented options and calling post directly seems wrong.
>Checking arguments for -whom tedious.  Perhaps this is the occasion when
>an environment variable can easily be used to check we've recursed?

You mean, set an environment variable in your OWN postproc before you call
the real post(8) and check to see if it has been set at the beginning
of the script?  Sure, that would be easy and we wouldn't have to change
anything in nmh to make that work.

But it occurs to me ... should switches like -whom (and -dist, and -idanno,
and all of the others) really be undocumented?  Maybe it's tedious to check
the arguments ... but you only have to write that code once.