Re: [Nmh-workers] multiple MIME-Version fields

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] multiple MIME-Version fields
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 09:38:50 +0000

Hi David,

> The BNF shows exactly one, so I'd say the messages don't conform.  Are
> they from more than one source?

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2014-04/msg00220.html
had Eric receiving emails with multiple MIME-Versions last year.

> Paul wrote:
> > the following patch accomplishes this:  all MIME-Version headers are
> > checked, and all those that are acceptable ("1.0") are ignored
> > silently.
>
> Looks good to me.

I'm unhappy the warning has been removed and not let on by default.  I
like to know when I get sent bum emails and complain.  Fix the
Internets!

Ken did get an upstream producer of broken emails to apply his patch
last year IIRC.  A PHP library, perhaps, used by Wordpress.  So it is
worth hearing of these problems.