Re: [Nmh-workers] multiple MIME-Version fields

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] multiple MIME-Version fields
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 20:17:05 -0500

david wrote:
 > Paul F. wrote:
 >
 > > i've recently started getting messages with multiple MIME-Version
 > > headers.  they all say "1.0", of course.
 >
 > > i see nothing (just a quick read) in RFC 2045 regarding multiple
 > > MIME-Version headers.
 >
 > The BNF shows exactly one, so I'd say the messages don't conform.

ah -- i only read the text.

 > Are they from more than one source?

i don't think so.  it's from a big forum site, so it's possible
that other forums running the same code would do it too....

...heh.  i just went to the site that publishes the forum code,
and did a search for "multiple mime version".  i didn't find a
bug report, as i was hoping, but i quickly found another problem
report which included sample notification mail sent from the forum
software.  sure enough it has multiple MIME-Version headers:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=425397.msg2982599#msg2982599
i'll sign up and see if i can report it there.

 > A quick web search shows that exmh could do that under some condition,
 > but that was over 15 years ago.
 >
 > > the following patch accomplishes this:  all MIME-Version headers are
 > > checked, and all those that are acceptable ("1.0") are ignored
 > > silently.
 >
 > Looks good to me.

okay.  i'll commit.

paul