Re: [Nmh-workers] Default setup broken on Debian?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Default setup broken on Debian?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 12:03:35 -0500

>>I can understand that, but from what we've seen it looks like
>>run-mailcap simply is non-functional with base nmh (Conrad said it
>>didn't work; a lot of cases of "file not found").
>
>hmm, as far as i'm aware debian's mime-support (and its
>run-mailcap component) is very well primed from the get-go, but
>that's between conrad, me and the other debian maintainers.

I suspect the core problem is something that is providing mailcap
semantics may not necessarily be suitable for nmh, especially with the
changes made for 1.6 (we really are expecting programs to output stuff
on stdout).  It's my understanding that other RPMs of nmh run
mhn.defaults.sh at package installation time to generate the right
entries for mhn.defaults; that might be worth looking at.