Re: [Nmh-workers] Emails being tagged as spam -- NMH solution???

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Emails being tagged as spam -- NMH solution???
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 20:57:10 -0500

>     Re: [SPAM:#####] <original-subject>
>
>with the number of "#"s indicating how strongly the tagging is.
>(This had happened previously, but the number of "#"s never
>exceeded 3.) Also, their list servers are now silently rejecting
>my posts, whereas that had never occurred previously.  (If I
>switch back to using sendmail, then the posts go through to the
>mailing lists.)

It looks like Stanford uses Proofpoint:

https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/emailcalendar/email/spam/antispam

And there should be a X-Proofpoint-Spam-Details header that should give
you some information.  But a quick Googling suggests to me that Proofpoint
is notoriously stingy on what those things mean.