Re: [Nmh-workers] mh-format multiply function

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mh-format multiply function
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 18:21:52 -0500

Norm wrote:

> Ken writes:
>
> >Secondly, when a mh-format program is run, it _cannot_ fail;
> >literally, there's no facility for it to fail.  When it gets
> >compiled, yes, that can fail.  But return an error code?  We don't
> >really have a good way in mh-format to deal with this.  I think it
> >might be too much.
>
> I would be content to just ignore the exit status.

I don't think that's a good idea.

I just committed the multiply function.  It was trivial.

My feeling about mh-format is that we shouldn't invest much
more effort in it.  If there's a need for more capability,
it should be tossed in favor something else, ideally
something that already exists.  But I share Ken's "Why
bother?" at this point.