Re: [Nmh-workers] Question about the new mime-everything stuff

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Question about the new mime-everything stuff
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 14:12:56 -0500

jon wrote:
 > Hey, just heard from a mail recipient that stuff from me is annoying because
 > it's showing up as quoted-printable for no particular reason.  It's breaking
 > lines at about 75 characters with the obnoxious = stuff.  There no non-ASCII
 > characters in the offending messages.
 >
 > Any idea on why this is automagically happening and how to disable it?

this came up recently, so i happen to know the answer:

from the mhbuild man page:
    "If the text has lines longer than the value of -maxunencoded
    (which defaults to 78) then the text is encoded using the
    quoted-printable encoding."

add this to .mh_profile to avoid it:

    mhbuild: -maxunencoded 200  (or whatever you think is the right
                                    limit for encoding to happen)

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 40.1 degrees)