Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a c

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 14:48:51 -0500

>Pardon me for interrupting (as I've only been paying partial attention
>to this and the iCalendar threads), but I'm wondering about treating
>calendaring in the same way as email.  That is, import an ics file and
>split each event into its own file in the nmh directory hierarchy.  Has
>something like this been discussed before?

Well ... it would be hard.  Right now all of the tools assume an RFC-2822
(or close to it) file format.  I guess we could mutate it into something
that looks like a standard email message, but I do not know how useful
that would be.

>I'm a refugee from the Chandler Project.  I liked the idea of having
>mutable items that could be todos or events.  I'm looking for some kind
>of replacement and I wonder if building on nmh is where I should go...

Is Chandler dead?  I admit I am not familiar with it.  Hm, okay, yeah,
I guess it is dead.  That's a shame.

>Anybody keep their to-do list(s) in nmh?

Well, I don't.  I'm lame; I use iCloud; it takes care of the hard bits for
me.  The reason I care about iCal messages is I get those things via email
for work; I'd want to import them into my iCloud calendar (which should be
easy) and send back a reply (which is where nmh needs to get involved).

Someone might be able to put to-dos in nmh; I'm not seeing how it would
work myself, but if someone else comes up with an idea I'd be open to it.