Re: [Nmh-workers] PGP support

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] PGP support
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 12:43:40 -0500

>I've got a rather more rudimentary script for checking signatures which
>I have attached. I think it broke with nmh 1.6, it used:
>mhshow-show-multipart/signed: sigcheck %a %F

That was probably my fault, but it would be helpful to figure out
exactly how it broke.  It begs a larger meta-question: should we allow
a handler for multiparts?  Those are sort of special and are normally
handled internally.

>I think the breakage relates to defining that for the multipart/signed
>part rather than for application/pgp-signature. Ideally we'd want to be
>able to do something like
>mhshow-show-application/pgp-signature: gpg --verify %F %r
>where %r is the related content suitably converted to have DOS line
>endings (yuk). I think there's an RFC covering multipart/signed.

It would be helpful if regular users of PGP could let us know what
kind of messages they get, and they want to send.  A single text/plain
with just ASCII-armoured PGP data?  The old application/pgp MIME
type?  Or the more standards-based multipart/encrypted with the
application/pgp-encrypted type?