Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a c

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] What are and what should be the qualifications for a current nmh user
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 10:04:56 -0800

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> write

>The core idea of MH still has power; the problem is that it treats messages
>as "headers" and "text".  The problem is that's no longer the reality.  The
>original idea, where you can use shell commands to process messages, still
>works.  It's just that messages aren't text anymore (and even the messages
>that are only text are more complicated).

Yes, many commands, such as ls, mv, rm, amd chmod will still work, BUT many,
such as grep, sed and awk will not work. At least not until you supply some
additional commands. You ask, 'what are those commands?'. I don't know; I
don't know MIME well enough to answer that question. But, maybe, your Email,
'vague, undefined thoughts on nmh MIME processing", of 'Wed, 16 Jul 2014
00:30:13 -0400', has the clues.

I found that message quite exciting. I grant, that you were not thinking of
external commands, but I think, maybe it contains the germ of an answer to the
question.

    Norman Shapiro