Re: [Nmh-workers] quoted printable. make it stop.

From: hymie
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] quoted printable. make it stop.
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 10:16:07 -0400

Ken Hornstein writes:

>In the larger sense ... how come you care?  Nowadays pretty much everyone
>can handle a quoted-printable email just fine.

I can't. :)  Granted, my MH / NMH set-up is probably a decade old by
now, but I am using "less" as my default pager, and only invoke a
MIME-complaint reader when I absolutely have to.

Also, again because my setup is probably wrong, it is difficult for me
to reply/forward MIME-encrusted emails, especially base64-encoded ones.

(Part of me would welcome advice on how to bring my NMH setup into the
21st century, although I know this is not the proper forum.  The other
part of me wishes email could be easily read by those of us with a
VT100 terminal.)

Anyway, I care because I would at least like to be able to read and
(sometimes) forward my own emails.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    address@hidden