[Nmh-workers] big-endian build slaves

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: [Nmh-workers] big-endian build slaves
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:11:59 -0700

Hay gang, something that nags me is that we don't have a big-endian
architecture we regularly build on.  It would be nice to throw one(+) into the
build cluster so we can try to catch any byte-ordering bugs that creep in.  I
used to build the code on a Sun V100, but that machine went away when I moved
back onto the boat.

Do any of you have gear with the one true (:-)) byte order we could add to the
build cluster?  E.g. a pair of 32/64-bit Sparc boxes would be great.  Or PPC.
Or even MIPS-BE if anyone keeps that sort of thing running these days.

We could probably do this under an emulator, but real hardware is 1) accurate
by definition, and 2) *much* faster.

--lyndon