Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:59:20 -0400

Bill Wohler <address@hidden> wrote:
    > Speaking of which, Exchange's calendar invitations only have a URL, not
    > an ICS attachment, and often even lack the meeting info so I'm forced
    > to log in and check. Not sure if we can do anything about the latter,
    > but we might be able to recognize a Microsoft invitation and parse out
    > the salient info.

    > Does anyone know if Exchange is capable of emitting ICS attachments and
    > this is just a setting I can ask our calendar admins to tweak?

yes, the annoying thing is that they come as:
     content-type: text/calendar

while other systems (zimbra, google):
      content-type: multipart/alternatives
        content-type: text/plain
        content-type: text/calendar

so with the microsoft output you have to parse, you can't just read...
And the details of the meeting you have been invited to are in pseudo-html
inside....

]     address@hidden  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [