Re: [Nmh-workers] Building nmh 1.6 for Ubuntu 12.04

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Building nmh 1.6 for Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 22:10:47 -0700

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> writes:

>>I'd like to test this out with mh-e, but am sorta busy.
>>
>>Can anyone recommend configure options I should use that are closest to
>>nmh-1.3 as distributed with 12.04?
>
> Wow, 1.3?  Whew.
>
> We got rid of a LOT of the configuration options along the way; that was
> basically a result of either including support for something, or getting
> rid of code no one used.  For my testing, here's my configure line:
>
> % ./configure --with-cyrus-sasl --with-tls

Hi Jeff,

That's basically what I used to build 1.5 on my Kepler machine which is
now running CentOS with no nmh in their repository, not even 1.3 :-(. I
got permission from IT to compile it, fortunately. My full command was
this, since I didn't have permission in the spool directory (for
locking) nor /usr/local:

    ./configure --enable-lockdir=$HOME/var/mail --with-cyrus-sasl --with-tls
--prefix $HOME/lib/nmh

$HOME/var/mail is my MH Path, by the way. This seems to have served me
well.

David's build_mh script looks neat.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden> aka <address@hidden>