Re: [Nmh-workers] modernizing smtp message submission

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] modernizing smtp message submission
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 11:41:44 -0400

>1) How many people customize mts.conf for mail submission?
>
>2) How many customize that back-end agent?

I do neither (my changes are all to .mh_profile).  I actually can't think
of a reason why you SHOULD customize mts.conf, unless you're managing
an nmh installation for multiple users.

My feelings are that if you want to use your own MTA, then that is
fine.  But we should support the functionality that every other MUA has,
which is all email is submitted to a single smart host that may require
authentication (which serves the case of 99% of email users, but not
99% of nmh users).  I think the status quo on that is fine, modulo some
SASL/TLS cleanup.