Re: [Nmh-workers] Neither w3m, lynx, nor elinks is being used

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Neither w3m, lynx, nor elinks is being used
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 10:24:26 -0700

>> And what is being used to display the message, if you can tell?
>
> I can't tell. By the time I run an equivalent of ps, there is nothing
> there except maybe more. (Recall that I have commented out
> '#: showproc: mhless' from .mh_profile)

Norm, can you run the command under truss so we can get a system call trace of
what's going on here?  We need to see what, if anything, MH is trying to invoke
to display the content.

I'm not sure what OS you're running, so you might not have truss, but there
should be an equivalent command available.  Whichever tool you use, make sure
to tell it to trace all the child processes as well.

If you do get a syscall trace, email the output to David and me.  (And please
include a copy of the exact command line you used to invoke the whole mess.)

--lyndon