Re: [Nmh-workers] New mhbuild directives

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] New mhbuild directives
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 22:53:22 -0400

>Ken, when you first mentioned "a more generic mechanism", I was
>thinking along the lines of
>"mhbuild-disposition-<type>/<subtype>: inline" profile entries.
>mhn.defaults could provide those for text/calendar and possibly
>message/rfc822.  Users could override as they wish in their
>profile.
>
>Forcing every nmh user to learn all the exceptions, and remember
>them every time they Attach:, is as user unfriendly as we could
>get.

Hrm.  I was thinking that a user might want to inline particular parts
on a per-message basis, but I cannot really think of a valid use case
there; the ones that come to mind are all done on a content-type basis,
and the more complicated things are better done as mhbuild directives
anyway.  And your point about being user unfriendly is well taken.  Out
of every possibility discussed so far I think your solution is the best.
Also, it's probably the least amount of code.