Re: [Nmh-workers] Attach and disposition

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Attach and disposition
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 14:21:25 -0400

ken wrote:
 > >many possibilities come to mind -- politely ask gmail to fix their
 > >email infrastructure, augment "Attach:" with "Inline:", make "Attach:"
 > >always generate "C-D:  inline" for some content types, never use
 > >"Attach:" for email messages, go back to using raw mhbuild
 > >directives for everything, etc.
 >
 > Personally, I think an "Inline" header is reasonable.  We have
 > special-case handling right now for text/calendar to be inline, but I've
 > never been happy with that.  We've now got two examples where inline
 > is preferred, so clearly we need a more generic mechanism.

ah -- i didn't know about text/calendar.

it's a shame to have to foist the decision as to which to use (Attach
or Inline) onto the user.  perhaps a list of types which should be
inlined by default would be better.
    mhbuild --inlined-type text/calendar --inlined-type message/rfc822 ...
(or maybe comma-separated)

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 59.0 degrees)