Re: [Nmh-workers] My .mh_profile

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] My .mh_profile
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 15:12:19 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
 > I'm attaching it, so you can make sure it's kosher.

norm --

i'll bet you just did that as a dig about how fragile mime support
still is.  :-)

when you attached your .mh_profile, thanks to an underlying
"file --mime-type" invocation, it gained a content-type of
"message/news".

then when i received it, mhshow couldn't display it, since we don't
supply a profile entry for for message/news.

so i tried to save it, using mhstore, and mhstore helpfully stuck
your .mhprofile into my current folder as a new message of very
questionable validity.  (i'm not sure when i'd ever want an attached
message part of type news saved to my current folder, but i'll allow
it.)

then, running show or mhshow on that invalid message results not in an
error, but rather no output at all (apart from a part separator).

it's a home run!

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 82.8 degrees)