Re: [Nmh-workers] Any more changes for RC2?

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Any more changes for RC2?
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 08:55:45 -0400

> >it's now the primary UI for attachments.  why not make it a rich UI?

> Those aren't insurmountable, but somehow mhbuild feels like the wrong
> place to be processing shell globbing.  We have enough higher level tools
> to do that (you can do it from the attach command,

Right:

    What now? ls *.txt
    bar.txt  baz.txt  foo.txt

    What now? at *.txt

    What now? li
    Attach: /tmp/bar.txt
    Attach: /tmp/baz.txt
    Attach: /tmp/foo.txt
    --------

Paul, is there really a need to support shell globbing of Attach:
pseudoheaders?

And let me note that the whatnow command is passed through the user's
shell.  I rely on bash-isms, e.g., "at foo{4..7}.pdf", all the time.

> >perhaps what's needed instead is a confirmation step at whatnow, to
> >confirm that what's been attached is what was intended.

There already is an al(ist):

    What now? alist
    bar.txt
    baz.txt
    foo.txt

And you can also view (and edit) the message after running mhbuild
("mime" at the whatnow prompt) on it.