Re: [Nmh-workers] Building nmh 1.6 for Ubuntu 12.04

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Building nmh 1.6 for Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:11:57 -0400

Jeff wrote:

> Can anyone recommend configure options I should use that are closest
> to nmh-1.3 as distributed with 12.04?

No, but if that nmh installation is on your PATH, this will walk you
through building and installing (with the -i) a new one that tries to
mostly match its configuration:

  $ docs/contrib/build_nmh -di

That's after you've unpacked tarball or cloned the git repo, and
cd'd to nmh-1.6-RC1 or nmh.

If you don't like how it's going, Ctrl-C in response to any question.

You can select the same or a different installation directory.  It
will warn about not being able to detect whether your current nmh was
configured with SASL and TLS support, that can be ignored.

One big difference will be the spool file locking.  Unless you/mh-e
have a specific requirement, I'd let configure choose it.  It will
be fcntl on Linux.

The MACHINES file has been updated and should be good for Ubuntu,
though it's terse.