Re: [Nmh-workers] post now asking for a password, even when it doesn't h

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] post now asking for a password, even when it doesn't have to
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 20:28:13 -0700

On Apr 14, 2014, at 8:14 PM, David Levine <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think that the nmh_get_credentials() call needs to move back
> to sm_get_pass().  We might want to do that with inc and msgchk,
> too.

I think in 1.7 we need to deprecate the POP support. And in 1.8 deprecate the
submission SASL support.

POP has been handled by external programs for ages.

As for submission, it's time to teach the MSAs to accept mail on named pipes.
No need for SASL, or networks, or ...  I thought I taught sendmail to listen
for mail submission on UNIX:/var/mail/submission circa 1999?

--lyndon