Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow display bug

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow display bug
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:05:09 -0400

Paul rote:

> i currently have this in my mh_profile:
>  mhshow-charset-iso-8859-1: %s | /usr/bin/iconv -f ISO-8859-1 -t UTF-8 | less
>
> whether i need it currently or not (do i?  has the iconv conversion
> been internalized?)

You shouldn't need that any more, depending on your locale:

  - If nmh was configured with iconv(3) support, mhshow will convert, if
    necessary, the charset of text/plain content to match the user's
    locale setting.

> , it seems like it should still work.

Agreed.

> but it seems the %s is being dropped, rather than expanded to
> the message displayer command, leaving "| iconv" as the command
> to be run.

> i tried to figure this out, for a while, but got lost in
> parse_display_string().  sorry.

It would be ct->c_termproc, I think, at the very end of
parse_display_string().  I'll look at it later this evening if you
don't beat me to it.