Re: [Nmh-workers] problem with mark zeroing out sequences

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] problem with mark zeroing out sequences
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 13:19:43 -0500

>The overall problem is that calling nmh commands inside the hook script
>was removing the message from the Unseen-Sequence*. Delaying that call
>until after the hook invocation is complete ensures that whatever operations
>are done in the hook, the message ends up in Unseen-Sequence after the
>program exits :-)

I ... do not see how your patch changes anything, so perhaps I am
completely misunderstanding your problem.  The sequence file is not
written until seq_save() is called at the top-level of rcvstore.
set_unseen() is just a macro which expands to this:

        bvector_set (msgstat(mp, msgnum), SELECT_UNSEEN)

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I wonder WHAT is going
on, exactly.  The things you describe happening do not make sense to
me.  Since the unseen sequence is not modified until the very end of
rcvstore, there should be nothing to remove from the unseen sequence
during the hook operation.