Re: [Nmh-workers] hooks interface issues

From: Christer Boräng
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] hooks interface issues
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:45:25 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Ralph Corderoy wri
tes:
>Any Emacs user that doesn't use `(setq require-final-newline t)' in
>their .emacs or similar and has to suffer because of it has made their
>bed...  :-)  The number of wasted hours I've seen over the years due to
>Emacs's stupidity in this respect and how each user has to discover it,
>sometimes more than once.

A better choice in my opinion, at least if you sometimes edit
non-text-files, is `(setq require-final-newline 'ask)'. Missing the
last newline is about as common as editing a file that will break if
you add a newline, for me (both are pretty rare occasions).

//Christer

--
| Hagåkersgatan 18C | Phone: Home +46 31 435203  CTH: +46 31 772 5431 |
| S-431 41 Mölndal  |        Cell: +46 707 535757                     |